Give your child the best possible start in life
…with Early Head Start services by CNCAP
Early Head Start will help you better understand your child’s stages of development with individualized visits in your home.
The weekly visits are 1 ½ hours in length and are designed to meet the needs of your family.
You will be assisted with planning activities that encourage your child’s growth.
Social activities will be held monthly to provide the opportunity to interact with your child and other families.
Early Head Start will support you in educating and nurturing your children and will provide links to community resources.
Benefits to families and children from Birth to age 3:
- Developmentally appropriate learning activities
- Comprehensive health case management for children
- Infant health checks: lead, hemoglobin, vision, hearing, and developmental screening
- Child emotional wellness screening
- Nutrition assessment and education
- Tips, techniques, and parenting skills support
- Services for children with disabilities
Benefits to Prenatal Families:
- Nutritional assessments
- Feeding choices for baby
- Labor & delivery information
- Newborn care
- Emotional wellness screening
- Periodic visits by an Early Head Start nurse
For more information, please contact Briana Lawrenz or Karmyn Mizner at 402-387-1035.